Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Living off the grid can be illegal
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Wed December 25, 2013
Amtrak adding trains in Michigan during Christmas & New Year's holidays
AAA Michigan estimates 2.9 million Michiganders will be traveling more than 50 miles during the holiday season.
Many of them will be traveling by train.
Marc Magliari is with Amtrak. He says Amtrak is adding extra trains in Michigan to accommodate increased demand during the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
“We’re adding trains across Michigan during the busy holiday season because our other trains are selling out,” says Magliari.
Magliari says Amtrak ridership in Michigan has been increasing. That demand is expected to rise further as technical improvements will boost train speeds and cut travel times between Detroit and Chicago.