Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Wed December 25, 2013
Amtrak adding trains in Michigan during Christmas & New Year's holidays
AAA Michigan estimates 2.9 million Michiganders will be traveling more than 50 miles during the holiday season.
Many of them will be traveling by train.
Marc Magliari is with Amtrak. He says Amtrak is adding extra trains in Michigan to accommodate increased demand during the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
“We’re adding trains across Michigan during the busy holiday season because our other trains are selling out,” says Magliari.
Magliari says Amtrak ridership in Michigan has been increasing. That demand is expected to rise further as technical improvements will boost train speeds and cut travel times between Detroit and Chicago.