Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Wed December 25, 2013
Amtrak adding trains in Michigan during Christmas & New Year's holidays
AAA Michigan estimates 2.9 million Michiganders will be traveling more than 50 miles during the holiday season.
Many of them will be traveling by train.
Marc Magliari is with Amtrak. He says Amtrak is adding extra trains in Michigan to accommodate increased demand during the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
“We’re adding trains across Michigan during the busy holiday season because our other trains are selling out,” says Magliari.
Magliari says Amtrak ridership in Michigan has been increasing. That demand is expected to rise further as technical improvements will boost train speeds and cut travel times between Detroit and Chicago.