Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Wed March 27, 2013
Amtrak derails in Port Huron this morning, no injuries reported
More from the Port Huron Times Herald:
Crews are investigating the scene just south of 22nd and Railroad streets in Port Huron where an Amtrak locomotive derailed this morning.
The trailing locomotive derailed shortly after departure about 6:20 a.m. from the station on 16th Street, said Marc Magliari, Amtrak spokesman.
There were 14 passengers on the train, but there were no injuries.
The locomotive is expected to be disconnected from the rest of the train soon so it can continue on to Chicago, Magliari said.
Holly Setter posted this picture of the derailed locomotive on Twitter:
— Holly Setter (@hsetter) March 27, 2013
Environment & Science