Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Wed March 27, 2013
Amtrak derails in Port Huron this morning, no injuries reported
More from the Port Huron Times Herald:
Crews are investigating the scene just south of 22nd and Railroad streets in Port Huron where an Amtrak locomotive derailed this morning.
The trailing locomotive derailed shortly after departure about 6:20 a.m. from the station on 16th Street, said Marc Magliari, Amtrak spokesman.
There were 14 passengers on the train, but there were no injuries.
The locomotive is expected to be disconnected from the rest of the train soon so it can continue on to Chicago, Magliari said.
Holly Setter posted this picture of the derailed locomotive on Twitter:
— Holly Setter (@hsetter) March 27, 2013
Environment & Science