Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Living off the grid can be illegal
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Thu March 6, 2014
Amtrak is offering free rides to writers
There's quite an excited buzz happening among the ranks of writers.
Amtrak is putting together a "writers' residency" program – free, or-nearly free – train rides to writers.
You write while you're chugging along the tracks, send out a few tweets about your travels and let Amtrak interview you for their blog at the end of your trip.
Today, we found out how this came about, how it might work, and who might be eligible.
Our "resident expert" in all things Amtrak, Adie Tomer of the Brookings Institution Metropolitan Policy Program, joined us today.
– Listen to the audio above.