Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Thu February 7, 2013
Amway touts record $11.3 billion sales in 2012
Alticor, the parent company of Amway, announced record sales of more than $11 billion today. This is the seventh consecutive year of growth at the company, one of the world’s largest direct selling businesses.
More than three million individual distributors sell Amway products, everything from shampoos to vitamins and cosmetics. They hawk the company’s wares in more than a hundred countries.
For the first time in more than 20 years, CFO Mike Cazer says all of Amway’s top ten markets grew. The biggest is China.
“We’ve had the most successful product launch in the history of the company when we introduced our eSpring water filtration system in China this year,” Cazer said.
"I want to emphasize the most important aspect of why we’ve been able to grow has been the hard work of our distributors and our continued focus on supporting them," Cazer said.
Amway is a privately held company based in Ada, near Grand Rapids. The company does not share information about profit margins. Cazer said he expects "record sales" again in 2013.