Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
Mon June 27, 2011
Angel of Lansing? U2 performs at Spartan Stadium
The rock band U2 performed last night in Spartan Stadium, making it the second concert ever held at the venue according to the Detroit Free Press.
More from the Freep:
On what just might have been a perfect June night in mid-Michigan, U2 reached high to create its own summer masterpiece.
The powerhouse Irish band brought its 360° Tour to Spartan Stadium on a gorgeous Sunday night, delivering a compelling, glorious performance on a mammoth high-tech stage.
It was a visual and sonic spectacular that deeply resonated with the elbow-to-elbow to crowd, keeping fans off their seats and occasionally dropping their jaws.
Only the stadium’s very upper corners were bare on a night that drew more than 65,000 for just the second-ever concert at the venue.
-Brian Short, Michigan Radio Newsroom