Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Mon June 27, 2011
Angel of Lansing? U2 performs at Spartan Stadium
The rock band U2 performed last night in Spartan Stadium, making it the second concert ever held at the venue according to the Detroit Free Press.
More from the Freep:
On what just might have been a perfect June night in mid-Michigan, U2 reached high to create its own summer masterpiece.
The powerhouse Irish band brought its 360° Tour to Spartan Stadium on a gorgeous Sunday night, delivering a compelling, glorious performance on a mammoth high-tech stage.
It was a visual and sonic spectacular that deeply resonated with the elbow-to-elbow to crowd, keeping fans off their seats and occasionally dropping their jaws.
Only the stadium’s very upper corners were bare on a night that drew more than 65,000 for just the second-ever concert at the venue.
-Brian Short, Michigan Radio Newsroom