Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
Mon June 27, 2011
Angel of Lansing? U2 performs at Spartan Stadium
The rock band U2 performed last night in Spartan Stadium, making it the second concert ever held at the venue according to the Detroit Free Press.
More from the Freep:
On what just might have been a perfect June night in mid-Michigan, U2 reached high to create its own summer masterpiece.
The powerhouse Irish band brought its 360° Tour to Spartan Stadium on a gorgeous Sunday night, delivering a compelling, glorious performance on a mammoth high-tech stage.
It was a visual and sonic spectacular that deeply resonated with the elbow-to-elbow to crowd, keeping fans off their seats and occasionally dropping their jaws.
Only the stadium’s very upper corners were bare on a night that drew more than 65,000 for just the second-ever concert at the venue.
-Brian Short, Michigan Radio Newsroom