Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Michigan’s arsenic problem is among the worst in the nation. Here’s why that matters.
- Here's how to test and treat your drinking water well for arsenic
Wed August 14, 2013
Ann Arbor's iconic Blimpy Burger holds 'last supper' for the public
Owners promise it's not the end. They say they're still looking for a new location, but it IS the end for Blimpy at its historic location on the corner of Division and Packard Streets in Ann Arbor.
The University of Michigan bought the building and plans to build a dormitory on the site.
Today is the last day for the public to stop by and enjoy a "quad (or a quint!) on a kaiser bun with bacon, cheddar, and a fried egg with fried veggies on the side."
The line is around the block, expect long waits. And remember:
- "Keep the door closed!"
- "Don't sit down while waiting!"
- "Pay attention. No cell phones in line!"
- Tell them how many patties first, then what you want from the deep fryer. Cheese comes later.
For those who want an exclusive experience, Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger is holding a "Last Supper" for $100 a person on August 17.
More from Krazy Jim:
For the last six decades, Krazy Jim’s Blimpy Burger has been supplying blimpy addicts with their burger fix at the corner of Packard and Division. Sadly, our time at 551 S. Division is rapidly coming to an end. As of August 15th, we will no longer be able to serve the public. To show our appreciation for your continued support, we want to offer our dedicated Blimpy fans a unique opportunity to be part of an historical event while helping us launch the next sixty years in a new building. We invite you to join us as the last customers in our original location.
MLive put together this Storify on Blimpy's last days.