Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Thu August 8, 2013
Are there enough skilled workers in Michigan?
Is there a shortage of skilled workers in Michigan?
Now that the recession is in our rearview mirror, are there enough tool-and-dye makers and machine operators and welders and the like to meet employer demands?
The answer is not a clear "yes" or "no" as Rick Haglund discovered in his piece for MLive.
It’s headlined “Why Employers Have Difficulty Filling Skilled Trades Jobs.”
Rick Haglund joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.