Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Thu August 8, 2013
Are there enough skilled workers in Michigan?
Is there a shortage of skilled workers in Michigan?
Now that the recession is in our rearview mirror, are there enough tool-and-dye makers and machine operators and welders and the like to meet employer demands?
The answer is not a clear "yes" or "no" as Rick Haglund discovered in his piece for MLive.
It’s headlined “Why Employers Have Difficulty Filling Skilled Trades Jobs.”
Rick Haglund joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.