Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Thu August 8, 2013
Are there enough skilled workers in Michigan?
Is there a shortage of skilled workers in Michigan?
Now that the recession is in our rearview mirror, are there enough tool-and-dye makers and machine operators and welders and the like to meet employer demands?
The answer is not a clear "yes" or "no" as Rick Haglund discovered in his piece for MLive.
It’s headlined “Why Employers Have Difficulty Filling Skilled Trades Jobs.”
Rick Haglund joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.