Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Tue April 30, 2013
Are we making a mistake by educating students for today's jobs?
Here's a question to consider: are we doing the students of Michigan a disservice by steering them to the jobs that businesses are demanding in today's world?
It's certainly a big push for Governor Rick Snyder.
But MLive columnist Rick Haglund has some misgivings about this growing push to match courses with what businesses want in Michigan grads.
He joined us today from Birmingham, and we asked him why he thinks this approach could backfire in the long run.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government