Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Thu September 1, 2011
Aretha Franklin plans to sing during Obama's Detroit visit
President Obama will be in Detroit Monday, September 5 to speak at the city's annual Labor Day festivities.
Aretha Franklin will sing at the event which will be free and open to the public.
More from the Detroit Free Press:
The event will be held at General Motor’s parking lot adjacent to the Renaissance Center on Atwater Street.
The gates will open at 10 a.m. for Obama’s speech, which is expected to begin at 1:15 p.m. The public should expect to go through airport-like security and should bring as few personal items as possible. No bags, sharp objects, chairs, umbrellas, liquids or signs will be allowed inside the speech area.