Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Thu September 1, 2011
Aretha Franklin plans to sing during Obama's Detroit visit
President Obama will be in Detroit Monday, September 5 to speak at the city's annual Labor Day festivities.
Aretha Franklin will sing at the event which will be free and open to the public.
More from the Detroit Free Press:
The event will be held at General Motor’s parking lot adjacent to the Renaissance Center on Atwater Street.
The gates will open at 10 a.m. for Obama’s speech, which is expected to begin at 1:15 p.m. The public should expect to go through airport-like security and should bring as few personal items as possible. No bags, sharp objects, chairs, umbrellas, liquids or signs will be allowed inside the speech area.