Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Thu June 2, 2011
Artpod: The LipDub video heard 'round the world
In case you've been living under a couch cushion for the past week or so and haven't heard about the Grand Rapids LipDub video getting rave reviews, let's bring you up to speed:
Earlier this year, Newsweek said the city of Grand Rapids was dying. The city's residents decided to strike back with a nearly $40,000 lip-dub video that's all the rage right now. More than 1.6 million people and counting have viewed the video on YouTube, and the video's facebook page has links to the various news outlets who that covered the story - from the Wall Street Journal to the Today Show to an Austrian newspaper.
On today's Artpod, Michigan Radio's Lindsey Smith introduces us to the guy behind the video, and we meet some of the people who participated.
And as a a bonus, here's a video Lindsey put together on the making of the LipDub video: