Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Arts & Culture
Tue March 12, 2013
In ArtPod: the times, they are a changin'
Come gather round ArtPod this week, as we rip off Bob Dylan for a cute headline.
Today, ArtPod is talking about change. All kinds of change: political, cultural, even technological change.
We’ll talk with a storyteller, actors, students and even the operators of a small town movie theater about how they deal with bad changes (the end of an era for mom-and-pop cinemas), weird change (so you've got an emergency manager! Now what?), and cultural change (the tricky, tricky task of talking about race).
Their projects are radically different, but they each help us talk about or understand a difficult change – which may be what all art is supposed to do.