Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Arts & Culture
Tue March 12, 2013
In ArtPod: the times, they are a changin'
Come gather round ArtPod this week, as we rip off Bob Dylan for a cute headline.
Today, ArtPod is talking about change. All kinds of change: political, cultural, even technological change.
We’ll talk with a storyteller, actors, students and even the operators of a small town movie theater about how they deal with bad changes (the end of an era for mom-and-pop cinemas), weird change (so you've got an emergency manager! Now what?), and cultural change (the tricky, tricky task of talking about race).
Their projects are radically different, but they each help us talk about or understand a difficult change – which may be what all art is supposed to do.