Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Arts & Culture
Tue March 12, 2013
In ArtPod: the times, they are a changin'
Come gather round ArtPod this week, as we rip off Bob Dylan for a cute headline.
Today, ArtPod is talking about change. All kinds of change: political, cultural, even technological change.
We’ll talk with a storyteller, actors, students and even the operators of a small town movie theater about how they deal with bad changes (the end of an era for mom-and-pop cinemas), weird change (so you've got an emergency manager! Now what?), and cultural change (the tricky, tricky task of talking about race).
Their projects are radically different, but they each help us talk about or understand a difficult change – which may be what all art is supposed to do.