Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Arts & Culture
Sat September 15, 2012
ArtPrize is taking shape in Grand Rapids
Hundreds of works of art are being installed across Grand Rapids this weekend.
The fourth annual ArtPrize exhibition officially gets underway on Wednesday.
ArtPrize public relations director Brian Burch admits there is some “anxiety” as the clock ticks down.
“With an event that is the size that it is…we’re expecting 350 thousand people…we have more than 1500 artists….at 161 venues,” says Burch, “Every year anxiety is high.”
The artists are competing for more than a half million dollars in prize money.
The winners of more than half of the prize money will be determined by a popular vote during ArtPrize’s two week run.