Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Wed February 27, 2013
The astounding success of Southeast Michigan skaters
In less than two weeks on March 10th, the 2013 World Figure Skating Championships will begin in London, Ontario.
That means the eyes of the world will be on a couple of University of Michigan students who have been hailed as one of the greatest American teams in the history of ice dancing.
Five-time national champions, silver medalists in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, 2011 world champions and four-time Grand Prix Final champions.
It’s no exaggeration to say these individuals helped to make Southeast Michigan the ice-dance capital of America.
Today we spoke with Meryl Davis and Charlie White who shared the secret to the astounding success of Southeast Michigan skaters.
To hear the full story click the audio link above.
There are two ways you can podcast "Stateside with Cynthia Canty"