Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Fri November 12, 2010
Auctioneers sell off items at shuttered GM plant
Michigan Radio's Lindsey Smith covered the auction at the former GM Wyoming Stamping plant. The plant closed in June 2009 as part of GM's bankruptcy.
The auction was held on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. The auctioneers said they'll sell off anything leftover today.
Smith said it was easy to get lost as she took photos of the more than 2 million square foot building. Here's an audio slideshow she put together:
'Government Motors' no more?