Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Tue January 1, 2013
Auto companies expect good December sales
December is shaping up to be another good month for the auto companies.
Analysts expect to see strong December sales numbers for General Motors, Ford, Chrysler and other auto makers: Rising consumer demand, new models in the showroom, big year end deals.
Mike Wall with IHS Global Insight says they’re all reasons to expect December to be a good month.
“We still have a fairly old fleet out there…in terms of the average age of vehicles….and we have a consumer base that is starting to reengage the market,” says Wall.
Wall says one very positive sign for automakers is that car shoppers are transitioning from “needing to buy” a new vehicle to “wanting to buy”.
He expects auto sales will continue to improve in 2013, unless the ‘fiscal cliff’ negatively affects car buyers.