Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Fri February 1, 2013
Automakers report double-digit gains
DETROIT (AP) -Last year's momentum in U.S. auto sales is continuing into this year.
Ford, Chrysler and GM are all reporting double-digit gains for January.
Sales at Ford rose 22 percent compared with a year earlier. GM and Chrysler each reported 16 percent gains.
Ford's sales rose on strong sales of pickup trucks and new vehicles.
GM says it sold almost 195,000 cars and trucks last month, led by the Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck, with a 32 percent gain. GM sold more than 35,000 Silverados in January, a good sign for the economy as businesses replace aging trucks.