Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Mon April 11, 2011
Average gas price in Michigan is $3.86 per gallon
The average cost of gas in Michigan is $3.86. That’s nearly $1.00 more than it was this time last year.
Nancy Cain is a spokesperson for Triple-A Michigan. She says generally prices don’t go up this much so early into spring, "but this is our 8th weekly increase, and we’re seeing prices just going up."
Cain says the price at the pump follows the crude oil price, which she says is "topping $111-$112 a barrel. So that’s up to a 2.5-year high."
The Lansing area has the lowest average at around $3.76.
Gas is highest in Ann Arbor, where a gallon costs $3.89.