Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Around the Nation
Fri August 12, 2011
'Bad News Bears' Kid Runs For Congress
Originally published on Fri August 12, 2011 5:22 am
David Pollock played one of the kids in the movie made famous in the 1970s. He played Rudi Stein, the nervous kid with glasses who got on base by intentionally getting hit with a pitch. Pollock is running as a Democrat in the new 26th Congressional district in California.