Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Tue December 13, 2011
Bank announces $1.1M in grants for nonprofits
DETROIT (AP) - Detroit nonprofits are getting $1.1 million in grants to help improve neighborhoods, encourage small businesses and train workers.
The funding was announced Tuesday by Chase, the U.S. consumer and commercial banking brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Chase says the two largest grants are $245,000 to Southwest Solutions and $230,000 to Vanguard Community Development Corp.
Those grants aim to help Detroit neighborhoods and improve foreclosure counseling efforts.