Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Tue June 28, 2011
Beach closure information is a click away
Michiganders don’t have to take a trip to see if their favorite beach is closed.
Shannon Briggs is with the DEQ.
"Michigan has so many beaches that it’s fairly easy to just check Michigan’s BeachGuard. If your favorite beach happens to be closed, well then you’ve got several options to choose from, several other beaches that are nearby that you could go to."
Briggs says the water quality at Michigan’s beaches is excellent but heavy storms and waves can cause sudden closures.