Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Tue June 28, 2011
Beach closure information is a click away
Michiganders don’t have to take a trip to see if their favorite beach is closed.
Shannon Briggs is with the DEQ.
"Michigan has so many beaches that it’s fairly easy to just check Michigan’s BeachGuard. If your favorite beach happens to be closed, well then you’ve got several options to choose from, several other beaches that are nearby that you could go to."
Briggs says the water quality at Michigan’s beaches is excellent but heavy storms and waves can cause sudden closures.