Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Tue June 28, 2011
Beach closure information is a click away
Michiganders don’t have to take a trip to see if their favorite beach is closed.
Shannon Briggs is with the DEQ.
"Michigan has so many beaches that it’s fairly easy to just check Michigan’s BeachGuard. If your favorite beach happens to be closed, well then you’ve got several options to choose from, several other beaches that are nearby that you could go to."
Briggs says the water quality at Michigan’s beaches is excellent but heavy storms and waves can cause sudden closures.