Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- Governor Snyder is fighting a losing game in Aramark scandal
- New polls suggest we may have the closest governor’s race in 30 years
Tue June 28, 2011
Beach closure information is a click away
Michiganders don’t have to take a trip to see if their favorite beach is closed.
Shannon Briggs is with the DEQ.
"Michigan has so many beaches that it’s fairly easy to just check Michigan’s BeachGuard. If your favorite beach happens to be closed, well then you’ve got several options to choose from, several other beaches that are nearby that you could go to."
Briggs says the water quality at Michigan’s beaches is excellent but heavy storms and waves can cause sudden closures.