Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Tue June 28, 2011
Beach closure information is a click away
Michiganders don’t have to take a trip to see if their favorite beach is closed.
Shannon Briggs is with the DEQ.
"Michigan has so many beaches that it’s fairly easy to just check Michigan’s BeachGuard. If your favorite beach happens to be closed, well then you’ve got several options to choose from, several other beaches that are nearby that you could go to."
Briggs says the water quality at Michigan’s beaches is excellent but heavy storms and waves can cause sudden closures.