Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Sun February 17, 2013
Bedbugs found at 2nd Kalamazoo library
Ursula Zerilli at MLive.com is reporting that a second Kalamazoo Library site has been closed due to bedbugs.
This time they were found in the Children's Room of the Kalamazoo Public Library's Central Library.
Earlier this week, MLive.com reported they were also found at the Washington Square Branch.
"We received a couple of books in the drop box and during a routine inspection, bed bugs were found," said Farrell Howe, a library spokesperson. "They were quarantined in plastic bags and destroyed and we are having an inspection take place."
Because they can become a big problem, the library staff is now trained to check every returned book binding for bed bugs.
The Children's Room is closed until Wednesday. The Washington Square Branch got the OK to reopen last week after "bug sniffing" dogs inspected the site.
The Kalamazoo Public Library's Central, Oshtemo, Eastwood and Alma Powell branches have also been tested.
- Chris Zollars, Michigan Radio Newsroom