Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Sun February 17, 2013
Bedbugs found at 2nd Kalamazoo library
Ursula Zerilli at MLive.com is reporting that a second Kalamazoo Library site has been closed due to bedbugs.
This time they were found in the Children's Room of the Kalamazoo Public Library's Central Library.
Earlier this week, MLive.com reported they were also found at the Washington Square Branch.
"We received a couple of books in the drop box and during a routine inspection, bed bugs were found," said Farrell Howe, a library spokesperson. "They were quarantined in plastic bags and destroyed and we are having an inspection take place."
Because they can become a big problem, the library staff is now trained to check every returned book binding for bed bugs.
The Children's Room is closed until Wednesday. The Washington Square Branch got the OK to reopen last week after "bug sniffing" dogs inspected the site.
The Kalamazoo Public Library's Central, Oshtemo, Eastwood and Alma Powell branches have also been tested.
- Chris Zollars, Michigan Radio Newsroom