Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Fri August 12, 2011
Berlin Neighborhood Remembers Wall's Construction
Originally published on Fri August 12, 2011 6:47 am
It will be 50 years ago Saturday that construction began on the Berlin Wall. The barrier that divided East and West Berlin eventually grew to be 27 miles long. In one area in the center of the city, a section of the wall still stands.