Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Thu July 4, 2013
A bicycle built for you? Company tries to set up a bike share program in Lansing
A fledgling bicycle share company hopes to get rolling in Lansing in August.
A group of college students have founded a company that will provide bikes for temporary rentals.
The idea would be to set up bike rental stations at bus stops and other commuting locations in Lansing to give people an option for the next short leg of their journey.
“It’s very prevalent in a lot of Europe. There’s a lot of systems in France and Germany,” says Carl Vitulo with A2B bike share, “And there are successful programs in Washington D.C., Denver and most recently and largest in New York City.”
If the pilot program succeeds this year, A2B hopes to expand its Lansing bike share business in 2014.