Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Wed November 13, 2013
Binge drinking is a problem in high school students too
There has been much attention and concern about binge drinking among college-age students.
But what about high school students?
That's what the University of Michigan's Institute for Social Research wanted to learn about.
As part of its annual Monitoring the Future Study, researchers collected data from more than 16,000 high school seniors. They were surveyed between 2005-and-2011.
And what they learned should be a true warning to parents of high schoolers.
Developmental psychologist Megan Patrick was the lead author of this study, and she joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.