Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Wed November 13, 2013
Binge drinking is a problem in high school students too
There has been much attention and concern about binge drinking among college-age students.
But what about high school students?
That's what the University of Michigan's Institute for Social Research wanted to learn about.
As part of its annual Monitoring the Future Study, researchers collected data from more than 16,000 high school seniors. They were surveyed between 2005-and-2011.
And what they learned should be a true warning to parents of high schoolers.
Developmental psychologist Megan Patrick was the lead author of this study, and she joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.