Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Sun November 18, 2012
Board being named for Ypsilanti-Willow Run schools
A school board will be appointed Monday for the merging Ypsilanti and Willow Run school districts.
The board of the regional Washtenaw Intermediate School District meets at 6 p.m. to name the seven people to run the new local district.
AnnArbor.com says the new board will run the separate districts until they merge July 1st. The intermediate school district's board has interviewed 18 candidates for the jobs. Residents of the neighboring districts approved the merger in a ballot issue Nov. 6, 62 percent to 38 percent. The vote was 14,496-9,048. Both districts have seen sharp drops in enrollment over the past decade.
Ypsilanti's fall 2011 enrollment was 3,664, down from 4,665 10 years earlier. Willow Run's enrollment was 1,674 last fall, down from 2,977 in 2011.
Politics & Government