Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Tue April 19, 2011
Borders Books liquidation sales coming to a close
The company handling the liquidation sales at more than 200 Borders bookstores says most of those stores will close by this weekend. The liquidation sales have already been completed at many of the stores, including one in Ann Arbor.
Rick Kaye is a spokesman for Hilco Merchant Services, the company handling the liquidation sales.
“Some of the inventory will be moved to other stores…among the 26 that were turned over to us after the original 200….that inventory will be included for sale in those 26 stores.”
Kaye sales the sales have gone well to this point.
“I would say it’s fair to say the sale process has gone almost precisely as planned. We’re very satisfied with the results.”
Kaye expects liquidation sales at another 26 Borders bookstores will wrap up next month.
Borders officials are hoping a slimmer bookstore chain will be able to exit bankruptcy protection later this year.