Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Fri May 6, 2011
Breaking News: Attorney General files lawsuit challenging Civil Service Commission's authority
Attorney General Bill Schuette has filed a lawsuit challenging the state Civil Service Commission's authority to approve contracts that allow benefit plans to cover the live-in partners of unmarried state employees.
The lawsuit says the commission exceeded its authority under the state constitution.
The contracts extend benefits to unrelated adults in a household -- that includes same-sex partners -- as well as their dependents