Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Fri May 6, 2011
Breaking News: Attorney General files lawsuit challenging Civil Service Commission's authority
Attorney General Bill Schuette has filed a lawsuit challenging the state Civil Service Commission's authority to approve contracts that allow benefit plans to cover the live-in partners of unmarried state employees.
The lawsuit says the commission exceeded its authority under the state constitution.
The contracts extend benefits to unrelated adults in a household -- that includes same-sex partners -- as well as their dependents