Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Wed December 15, 2010
Bronson Healthcare to buy major stake in Battle Creek Health System
Patients at Battle Creek Health System are expected to have more services and physicians available to them after a deal with a larger hospital is completed.
Bronson Health Group of Kalamazoo is buying a 51% stake in the smaller BCHS.
Denise Brooks-Williams is president and CEO of the Battle Creek facility. She says the two hospital systems have common goals.
“Part of our discussions with Bronson, and what led us to think that we could work closely together, is that that vision of having care local, and having care coordinated, was something that they shared," Jones-Williams says.
"So that was really part of the decision-making to go along with them.”
Brooks-Williams says the 1,400 BCHS employees have been told to expect growth as a result of the deal, the terms of which have not been disclosed.