Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Sat November 16, 2013
Buick City's future brightening in Flint
The announcement this week that an Alabama company plans to build a pipe factory in Flint could help spur further investment in a former General Motors site there.
The 235 acre Buick City site is being marketed by the Racer Trust. The trust was set up to sell off abandoned General Motors properties. American Cast Iron Pipe is the first company to invest in Buick City.
Elliot Laws is with the Racer Trust. He says they’ll be blasting news of American’s plans to build in Flint to other potential investors…
“It’s a tremendous accomplishment for the city…[and] it’s going to make our job in bringing other companies here a lot easier,” says Laws.
Laws says he hopes to have an announcement about more investment in the site in the next six months.