Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Sat November 16, 2013
Buick City's future brightening in Flint
The announcement this week that an Alabama company plans to build a pipe factory in Flint could help spur further investment in a former General Motors site there.
The 235 acre Buick City site is being marketed by the Racer Trust. The trust was set up to sell off abandoned General Motors properties. American Cast Iron Pipe is the first company to invest in Buick City.
Elliot Laws is with the Racer Trust. He says they’ll be blasting news of American’s plans to build in Flint to other potential investors…
“It’s a tremendous accomplishment for the city…[and] it’s going to make our job in bringing other companies here a lot easier,” says Laws.
Laws says he hopes to have an announcement about more investment in the site in the next six months.