Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Tue November 12, 2013
Buick City's GM property may be reinvented
There's a big announcement tomorrow on a major development in Flint.
The announcement is expected to involve Flint’s old Buick City site.
The 235 acre Buick City site has sat unused since General Motors closed the assembly plant in 1999.
The trust set up to sell off old GM properties has been looking for buyers for all or part of Buick City.
The Flint Journal is reporting an Alabama based pipe company will announce plans Wednesday to build a manufacturing operation on part of the site.
A spokeswoman for the company declined to confirm tomorrow’s expected announcement.