Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Tue November 12, 2013
Buick City's GM property may be reinvented
There's a big announcement tomorrow on a major development in Flint.
The announcement is expected to involve Flint’s old Buick City site.
The 235 acre Buick City site has sat unused since General Motors closed the assembly plant in 1999.
The trust set up to sell off old GM properties has been looking for buyers for all or part of Buick City.
The Flint Journal is reporting an Alabama based pipe company will announce plans Wednesday to build a manufacturing operation on part of the site.
A spokeswoman for the company declined to confirm tomorrow’s expected announcement.