Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Tue November 12, 2013
Buick City's GM property may be reinvented
There's a big announcement tomorrow on a major development in Flint.
The announcement is expected to involve Flint’s old Buick City site.
The 235 acre Buick City site has sat unused since General Motors closed the assembly plant in 1999.
The trust set up to sell off old GM properties has been looking for buyers for all or part of Buick City.
The Flint Journal is reporting an Alabama based pipe company will announce plans Wednesday to build a manufacturing operation on part of the site.
A spokeswoman for the company declined to confirm tomorrow’s expected announcement.