Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Thu October 3, 2013
Building a pre-school from the ground up in Ann Arbor
What if you could build a pre-school from the ground up?
What if you could take the things that seem to work well -- take out what doesn't -- and build-in new ideas after listening to your community?
That's exactly what my next guest is doing.
Ryan Brown wants to re-imagine what early childhood education looks like and feels like.
He's doing it with the "U School," which is opening next June in Ann Arbor.
And what's happening in these weeks before the U-School opens is worth looking at.
Brown is the co-founder, executive director, and a classroom teacher at the U-School, and he joined us today.
Listen to the interview above.