Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Thu October 3, 2013
Building a pre-school from the ground up in Ann Arbor
What if you could build a pre-school from the ground up?
What if you could take the things that seem to work well -- take out what doesn't -- and build-in new ideas after listening to your community?
That's exactly what my next guest is doing.
Ryan Brown wants to re-imagine what early childhood education looks like and feels like.
He's doing it with the "U School," which is opening next June in Ann Arbor.
And what's happening in these weeks before the U-School opens is worth looking at.
Brown is the co-founder, executive director, and a classroom teacher at the U-School, and he joined us today.
Listen to the interview above.