Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Wed March 28, 2012
Buying a chance to win a half billion dollars
Michigan lottery players have a chance to win the largest lotto prize in U.S. History.
The Mega Millions lottery jackpot on Friday night will be $500 million. That’s about a hundred million dollars more than the previous U.S. lottery record.
“We do expect with this kind of a jackpot probably lines at many retailers, particularly Friday after work, you know as people are driving home they stop to pick up their ticket," says Andi Brancato, a spokeswoman for the Michigan Lottery, "This is virgin territory."
A portion of lottery ticket sales goes to Michigan’s School Aid Fund.