Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Wed March 28, 2012
Buying a chance to win a half billion dollars
Michigan lottery players have a chance to win the largest lotto prize in U.S. History.
The Mega Millions lottery jackpot on Friday night will be $500 million. That’s about a hundred million dollars more than the previous U.S. lottery record.
“We do expect with this kind of a jackpot probably lines at many retailers, particularly Friday after work, you know as people are driving home they stop to pick up their ticket," says Andi Brancato, a spokeswoman for the Michigan Lottery, "This is virgin territory."
A portion of lottery ticket sales goes to Michigan’s School Aid Fund.