Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- What's behind Michigan Republicans' big turnaround on medical marijuana?
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
Wed March 28, 2012
Buying a chance to win a half billion dollars
Michigan lottery players have a chance to win the largest lotto prize in U.S. History.
The Mega Millions lottery jackpot on Friday night will be $500 million. That’s about a hundred million dollars more than the previous U.S. lottery record.
“We do expect with this kind of a jackpot probably lines at many retailers, particularly Friday after work, you know as people are driving home they stop to pick up their ticket," says Andi Brancato, a spokeswoman for the Michigan Lottery, "This is virgin territory."
A portion of lottery ticket sales goes to Michigan’s School Aid Fund.