Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Wed March 28, 2012
Buying a chance to win a half billion dollars
Michigan lottery players have a chance to win the largest lotto prize in U.S. History.
The Mega Millions lottery jackpot on Friday night will be $500 million. That’s about a hundred million dollars more than the previous U.S. lottery record.
“We do expect with this kind of a jackpot probably lines at many retailers, particularly Friday after work, you know as people are driving home they stop to pick up their ticket," says Andi Brancato, a spokeswoman for the Michigan Lottery, "This is virgin territory."
A portion of lottery ticket sales goes to Michigan’s School Aid Fund.