Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Mon January 14, 2013
Cadillac ATS wins 2013 Car of the Year Award
A group of 49 automotive journalists from North America chose the Cadillac ATS as the 2013 Car of the Year.
The announcement was made this morning during the press preview of the Detroit Auto Show.
The Cadillac was among two other finalists, the Ford Fusion and the Honda Accord.
In a statement, Bob Ferguson, GM's vice president of global Cadillac said "this is a very meaningful honor for the entire Cadillac team, especially the men and women who build the ATS in Lansing, Michigan, and our dedicated and talented designers and engineers."
Chrysler's Ram 1500 won the 2013 Truck/Utility of the Year Award giving U.S. car makers both of the awards this morning.
This is the 20th year of the awards and the eleventh time a U.S. automaker has won the award.
The Hyundai Elantra won last year's award.