Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Thu October 10, 2013
The Can Kicks Back visits Ann Arbor to teach young Americans about the national debt
Hands up everyone, who has just about had it with that expression “kicking the can down the road,” particularly as it is used over and over in talking about the national debt? Kicking that proverbial can down the road is why America is facing such a crisis with our national debt.
A group of concerned young Americans is hoping to inspire other millennials to learn more about the national debt and, in their words, “to reclaim the American dream,” so they formed a group called The Can Kicks Back.
Tonight they will be in Ann Arbor as part of what they’re calling the Generational Equity Tour, a very carefully nonpartisan event.
Nick Troiano is co-founder and national field director of The Can Kicks Back, and he joined us today in the studio.
Listen to the full interview above.