Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Fri April 8, 2011
In case you missed it...Government Shutdown Edition!
Here's our wrap-up of great stories and shows you may have missed this week on Michigan Radio.
Diane Rehm had a great show on Tuesday on "Slashing the Federal Budget."
The show covered Paul Ryan's 2012 budget proposal as well as addressing some of the issues surrounding federal budgets issues that have lead to an imminent government shutdown.
For more coverage of the government shutdown, check out the "Domestic News Roundup" from Diane Rehm's Friday show as well as Laura Weber's coverage of Governor Snyder's comments about the effects of a potential shutdown on Michigan.
Over at WHYY's Fresh Air, Terry Gross talked with David Dow (original airdate 2/8/10), a texas attorney who has defended death row inmates for over two decades.
Dow's comments about the failures and triumphs of the criminal justice system, and his thoughts on the nature of evil, are definite highlights.
Dow's book, Autobiography of an Execution, has been released in paperback.
-Brian Short, Michigan Radio Newsroom
On the Radio