Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Wed June 26, 2013
Celebrate State of Opportunity's first birthday!
Michigan Radio's State of Opportunity project is closing in on its first birthday!
In this, year one of our three year grant with the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, we've brought you stories about the challenges facing Michigan's kids from birth through pre-school. The Radio Television Digital New Association recently recognized the quality of our reporting with a UNITY Award for Jennifer Guerra's reporting on infant mortality. We'll keep bringing you stories that matter as we transition into reporting on the opportunities and resources kids need to succeed in kindergarten through middle school.
If you've missed any stories or want to listen again, click through to the State of Opportunity website or SoundCloud for highlights.
And we've just crossed 400 "likes" on Facebook, so join other listeners, current educators, soon-to-be-teachers, parents, students, and the project's reporters in conversation about expanding opportunities for Michigan's kids. You can also find out where our storytelling booth will appear next, so watch this space...and this one...and this one, too.