Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Wed June 26, 2013
Celebrate State of Opportunity's first birthday!
Michigan Radio's State of Opportunity project is closing in on its first birthday!
In this, year one of our three year grant with the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, we've brought you stories about the challenges facing Michigan's kids from birth through pre-school. The Radio Television Digital New Association recently recognized the quality of our reporting with a UNITY Award for Jennifer Guerra's reporting on infant mortality. We'll keep bringing you stories that matter as we transition into reporting on the opportunities and resources kids need to succeed in kindergarten through middle school.
If you've missed any stories or want to listen again, click through to the State of Opportunity website or SoundCloud for highlights.
And we've just crossed 400 "likes" on Facebook, so join other listeners, current educators, soon-to-be-teachers, parents, students, and the project's reporters in conversation about expanding opportunities for Michigan's kids. You can also find out where our storytelling booth will appear next, so watch this space...and this one...and this one, too.