Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
- In this morning's news...
Hollywood in Michigan
Wed September 15, 2010
The celebrities are coming, the celebrities are coming...
As more companies claim Michigan's film tax incentives, more and more celebrities are being seen around the state. Celebrities like David Arquette are tweeting about Michigan sunsets or talking about the state's hot spots. But, Michigan is still experiencing the economic doldrums.
Jenn White, host of All Things Considered, took a look at what Michigan's rising popularity in the eyes of celebrities means for us. Should we care what celebrities think about our communities? Does it even matter?
You can listen to Jenn's conversation with Susan Douglas, Professor of Communication Studies at the University of Michigan, about the growing trend of celebrities in Michigan here.