Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
Hollywood in Michigan
Wed September 15, 2010
The celebrities are coming, the celebrities are coming...
As more companies claim Michigan's film tax incentives, more and more celebrities are being seen around the state. Celebrities like David Arquette are tweeting about Michigan sunsets or talking about the state's hot spots. But, Michigan is still experiencing the economic doldrums.
Jenn White, host of All Things Considered, took a look at what Michigan's rising popularity in the eyes of celebrities means for us. Should we care what celebrities think about our communities? Does it even matter?
You can listen to Jenn's conversation with Susan Douglas, Professor of Communication Studies at the University of Michigan, about the growing trend of celebrities in Michigan here.