Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
Hollywood in Michigan
Wed September 15, 2010
The celebrities are coming, the celebrities are coming...
As more companies claim Michigan's film tax incentives, more and more celebrities are being seen around the state. Celebrities like David Arquette are tweeting about Michigan sunsets or talking about the state's hot spots. But, Michigan is still experiencing the economic doldrums.
Jenn White, host of All Things Considered, took a look at what Michigan's rising popularity in the eyes of celebrities means for us. Should we care what celebrities think about our communities? Does it even matter?
You can listen to Jenn's conversation with Susan Douglas, Professor of Communication Studies at the University of Michigan, about the growing trend of celebrities in Michigan here.