Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Sun February 12, 2012
Charles Darwin - Rock Star?
Michigan State University wants the world to know that evolution science pioneer Charles Darwin was a rock star first.
The MSU Museum on Sunday afternoon presents its annual Darwin Discovery Day and this year's theme is "Darwin rocks!" It also marks the opening of a new exhibit entitled "It Started with a Rock Collection: Charles Darwin, Geologist."
Officials at the East Lansing museum say they have received a rock collection from the Shropshire Geological Society in England, where the young Darwin started his collection and scientific investigations.
The event is expected to include a Darwin re-enactor who will answer questions about his work. Other planned highlights: behind-the-scenes tours of MSU collections and a cake in honor of Darwin's birthday.
The program is free.
MSU Museum's Darwin Discovery Day: http://museum.msu.edu/index.php?q=node/532