Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Sun February 12, 2012
Charles Darwin - Rock Star?
Michigan State University wants the world to know that evolution science pioneer Charles Darwin was a rock star first.
The MSU Museum on Sunday afternoon presents its annual Darwin Discovery Day and this year's theme is "Darwin rocks!" It also marks the opening of a new exhibit entitled "It Started with a Rock Collection: Charles Darwin, Geologist."
Officials at the East Lansing museum say they have received a rock collection from the Shropshire Geological Society in England, where the young Darwin started his collection and scientific investigations.
The event is expected to include a Darwin re-enactor who will answer questions about his work. Other planned highlights: behind-the-scenes tours of MSU collections and a cake in honor of Darwin's birthday.
The program is free.
MSU Museum's Darwin Discovery Day: http://museum.msu.edu/index.php?q=node/532