Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Sun February 12, 2012
Charles Darwin - Rock Star?
Michigan State University wants the world to know that evolution science pioneer Charles Darwin was a rock star first.
The MSU Museum on Sunday afternoon presents its annual Darwin Discovery Day and this year's theme is "Darwin rocks!" It also marks the opening of a new exhibit entitled "It Started with a Rock Collection: Charles Darwin, Geologist."
Officials at the East Lansing museum say they have received a rock collection from the Shropshire Geological Society in England, where the young Darwin started his collection and scientific investigations.
The event is expected to include a Darwin re-enactor who will answer questions about his work. Other planned highlights: behind-the-scenes tours of MSU collections and a cake in honor of Darwin's birthday.
The program is free.
MSU Museum's Darwin Discovery Day: http://museum.msu.edu/index.php?q=node/532