Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Sun February 12, 2012
Charles Darwin - Rock Star?
Michigan State University wants the world to know that evolution science pioneer Charles Darwin was a rock star first.
The MSU Museum on Sunday afternoon presents its annual Darwin Discovery Day and this year's theme is "Darwin rocks!" It also marks the opening of a new exhibit entitled "It Started with a Rock Collection: Charles Darwin, Geologist."
Officials at the East Lansing museum say they have received a rock collection from the Shropshire Geological Society in England, where the young Darwin started his collection and scientific investigations.
The event is expected to include a Darwin re-enactor who will answer questions about his work. Other planned highlights: behind-the-scenes tours of MSU collections and a cake in honor of Darwin's birthday.
The program is free.
MSU Museum's Darwin Discovery Day: http://museum.msu.edu/index.php?q=node/532