Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Mon January 6, 2014
A check of the weather with MLive's Mark Torregrossa
This time the forecasters did not cry wolf. We got slammed by snow.
Now that the snow has fallen, we’re looking at winds and dangerous cold.
What's ahead and when will we see something resembling a more "typical" Michigan winter?
For the answers we turned to MLive meteorologist Mark Torregrossa, who also runs farmerweather.com.
I just got back yesterday from nearly two weeks in Ireland, and we were checking on Torregrossa’s reports as we got ready to fly back yesterday -- wondering if we were going to beat the snow and be able to land. The answer was "yes." He was spot-on in calling what was going to happen and when.
*Listen to the audio above.