Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Mon January 6, 2014
A check of the weather with MLive's Mark Torregrossa
This time the forecasters did not cry wolf. We got slammed by snow.
Now that the snow has fallen, we’re looking at winds and dangerous cold.
What's ahead and when will we see something resembling a more "typical" Michigan winter?
For the answers we turned to MLive meteorologist Mark Torregrossa, who also runs farmerweather.com.
I just got back yesterday from nearly two weeks in Ireland, and we were checking on Torregrossa’s reports as we got ready to fly back yesterday -- wondering if we were going to beat the snow and be able to land. The answer was "yes." He was spot-on in calling what was going to happen and when.
*Listen to the audio above.