Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Tue January 24, 2012
"Choose Life" specialty plate clears Michigan Senate committee
Now, the Associated Press reports that the bill has cleared its first legislative hurdle, garnering unanimous approval from the Michigan Senate Transportation Committee.
From the AP:
The legislation would allow Michigan residents to buy a "Choose Life" license plate with a portion of the money going to Right to Life. The organization says the money would go to abortion prevention projects.
The bill will now make its way to the state Senate floor, the Associated Press reports.
-John Klein Wilson, Michigan Radio Newsroom