Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Veteran treasure hunter solves the last 'Wyoming Riddle'
Tue January 24, 2012
"Choose Life" specialty plate clears Michigan Senate committee
Now, the Associated Press reports that the bill has cleared its first legislative hurdle, garnering unanimous approval from the Michigan Senate Transportation Committee.
From the AP:
The legislation would allow Michigan residents to buy a "Choose Life" license plate with a portion of the money going to Right to Life. The organization says the money would go to abortion prevention projects.
The bill will now make its way to the state Senate floor, the Associated Press reports.
-John Klein Wilson, Michigan Radio Newsroom