Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Tue January 24, 2012
"Choose Life" specialty plate clears Michigan Senate committee
Now, the Associated Press reports that the bill has cleared its first legislative hurdle, garnering unanimous approval from the Michigan Senate Transportation Committee.
From the AP:
The legislation would allow Michigan residents to buy a "Choose Life" license plate with a portion of the money going to Right to Life. The organization says the money would go to abortion prevention projects.
The bill will now make its way to the state Senate floor, the Associated Press reports.
-John Klein Wilson, Michigan Radio Newsroom