Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Tue January 24, 2012
"Choose Life" specialty plate clears Michigan Senate committee
Now, the Associated Press reports that the bill has cleared its first legislative hurdle, garnering unanimous approval from the Michigan Senate Transportation Committee.
From the AP:
The legislation would allow Michigan residents to buy a "Choose Life" license plate with a portion of the money going to Right to Life. The organization says the money would go to abortion prevention projects.
The bill will now make its way to the state Senate floor, the Associated Press reports.
-John Klein Wilson, Michigan Radio Newsroom