Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Mon April 30, 2012
Chrysler begins producing the Dodge Dart this week
The Dart will help make Chrysler a full-line auto company once again. It's a compact car, or so-called "C-segment," car.
It's the first vehicle to combine a U.S. design with a Fiat chassis or platform. The last small car Chrysler made was the Dodge Caliber and that was not very successful.
Chrysler and Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne thinks the Dart will do much better.
"We are looking forward to a successful launch of a C-segment sedan, which is a piece of the market that we've been absent from for a long period of time, so we're expecting great volumes in terms of the Dart for the remainder of the year," said Marchionne.
A version of the Dart that gets 41 miles per gallon is expected later this year.
Detroit Auto Show