Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Tue December 21, 2010
City of Zeeland’s marketing gets creative, and super cute
A few years ago, Zeeland changed its slogan from “People, Product, Progress” to “Feel the Zeel”. The hope was to re-brand the small community; highlight its strengths in design and innovation, schools, and quality of life.
This week, city council approved spending $2,000 on these (come on, they’re adorable) onesies featuring the new brand. The Holland Sentinel reports the hope is to, in a small way, touch the city’s target demographic – 25 to 45 year-olds. City Marketing Director Abby deRoo reasoned it’s an age where people are starting or expanding their families.
“I think it’s a very creative and non-intrusive way to celebrate with these new families,” she told the paper, “It is one of the best experiences of their lives and this let’s the Feel the Zeel brand and the community be a part of that.”
She expects to give away around 550 onesies to proud parents of babies born at Zeeland Community Hospital this year.
deRoo says they could consider sponsoring the outfit next year.