Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Students, alumni rally in support of gay teacher who says pregnancy got her fired
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- What's behind Michigan Republicans' big turnaround on medical marijuana?
- Decades after a summer job up north, this man writes an insider account of Mackinac Island
Mon June 27, 2011
Clean Works Project
All year, Michigan Radio has been talking with people about projects and efforts that are having a positive effect on the state. Today, we hear from Ruth Olsson, a long-time volunteer for the Clean Works project in Grand Rapids. The main goal of the project is to reduce the rate of HIV. To do that, it runs a needle exchange program where drug users can turn in used syringes, and pick up a clean one.