Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Thu August 8, 2013
Cleveland fans chant 'Detroit Bankrupt' at last night's game with Tigers
It was only a matter of time for opposing sports fans to strike at Detroit's soft spot.
During last night's MLB game with the Tigers' American League Central rivals, the Cleveland Indians, fans in Cleveland chanted "Detroit Bankrupt."
Take a listen (ignore the voiceover):
The Tigers got the last laugh.
They beat the Indians 6-5 in extra innings, extending their win streak to 11, and going another game up on Cleveland.
Jeff Wattrick at Deadline Detroit had some words for Cleveland fans - saying they love their sports teams --
But those teams just don't love them back. The Browns moved to Baltimore and won two Super Bowls as the Ravens, while the replacement Browns remain subpar. Lebron James' free agency signing with Miami sent Cleveland into a tailspin culminating with their sad attempt to claim the 2011 Dallas Mavericks' championship as their own. Then, there's the Indians. They haven't won a World Series since the 1940s. Also, Jose Mesa and the 1997 World Series.
Politics & Government