Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Mon March 10, 2014
CMU class teaches religion by examining 'The Walking Dead'
A college class that involves poring over ancient biblical texts might not inspire much excitement.
But a college class that teaches some of the same lessons using zombies? Ah, that's going to grab 'em!
That's the idea behind a religion class at Central Michigan University that has, indeed, grabbed a lot of attention. It's called "From Revelation to 'The Walking Dead,'" and it’s taught by religion professor Kelly Jean Murphy.
CMU student Carl Huber is a junior who is double-majoring in Comparative Religion and Sociology, and he joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.