Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- What's behind Michigan Republicans' big turnaround on medical marijuana?
- Decades after a summer job up north, this man writes an insider account of Mackinac Island
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
Mon March 10, 2014
CMU class teaches religion by examining 'The Walking Dead'
A college class that involves poring over ancient biblical texts might not inspire much excitement.
But a college class that teaches some of the same lessons using zombies? Ah, that's going to grab 'em!
That's the idea behind a religion class at Central Michigan University that has, indeed, grabbed a lot of attention. It's called "From Revelation to 'The Walking Dead,'" and it’s taught by religion professor Kelly Jean Murphy.
CMU student Carl Huber is a junior who is double-majoring in Comparative Religion and Sociology, and he joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.