Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Fri March 1, 2013
Compuware cutting costs, announces 160 layoffs
Compuware's headquarters is the One Campus Martius building in downtown Detroit.
JC Reindl of the Detroit Free Press reports this morning that the company plans to lay off 160 employees "and close or shrink" 16 offices around the world. Those layoffs will affect workers in Detroit:
Sources told the Free Press this week that several executive-level workers at the firm’s downtown Detroit headquarters lost their jobs, including a top official with a total compensation package last year that exceeded $1 million.
Compuware has yet to confirm or deny reports that it is actively seeking a buyer. In January the company’s board rejected an unsolicited $2.3-billion, $11-per-share offer from a New York hedge fund as too low.
Reindl reports the company employed close to 2,000 people in 2012 at its downtown headquarters.