Congressional hearing on the "Extent of Radicalization in the American Muslim Community"
The Committee on Homeland Security is holding a hearing entitled “The Extent of Radicalization in the American Muslim Community and that Community's Response.”
ABC News reports:
Today’s House hearing on “The Extent of Radicalization in the American Muslim Community and That Community’s Response” has created a firestorm of criticism by civil rights groups and Democrats who say that Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., is intentionally isolating Muslims.
Democrats and rights groups say he’s guilty of “modern-day McCarthyism,” and is using religion to divide Americans.
You can watch the hearing now on C-SPAN.
Here's King responding to critics of the hearing on a CBS affiliate:
Witnesses of the hearing include:
- Hon. John D. Dingell, A Representative in Congress from the 15th District of Michigan
- Hon. Keith Ellison, A Representative in Congress from the 5th District of Minnesota
- Hon. Frank Wolf, A Representative in Congress from the 10th District of Virginia
- Dr. M. Zuhdi Jasser, President and Founder, American Islamic Forum for Democracy
- Mr. Abdirizak Bihi, Director, Somali Education and Social Advocacy Center
- Mr. Melvin Bledsoe, Private Citizen
- Sheriff Leroy Baca, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department