Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Thu March 10, 2011
Congressional hearing on the "Extent of Radicalization in the American Muslim Community"
The Committee on Homeland Security is holding a hearing entitled “The Extent of Radicalization in the American Muslim Community and that Community's Response.”
ABC News reports:
Today’s House hearing on “The Extent of Radicalization in the American Muslim Community and That Community’s Response” has created a firestorm of criticism by civil rights groups and Democrats who say that Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., is intentionally isolating Muslims.
Democrats and rights groups say he’s guilty of “modern-day McCarthyism,” and is using religion to divide Americans.
You can watch the hearing now on C-SPAN.
Here's King responding to critics of the hearing on a CBS affiliate:
Witnesses of the hearing include:
- Hon. John D. Dingell, A Representative in Congress from the 15th District of Michigan
- Hon. Keith Ellison, A Representative in Congress from the 5th District of Minnesota
- Hon. Frank Wolf, A Representative in Congress from the 10th District of Virginia
- Dr. M. Zuhdi Jasser, President and Founder, American Islamic Forum for Democracy
- Mr. Abdirizak Bihi, Director, Somali Education and Social Advocacy Center
- Mr. Melvin Bledsoe, Private Citizen
- Sheriff Leroy Baca, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department