Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Thu March 10, 2011
Congressional hearing on the "Extent of Radicalization in the American Muslim Community"
The Committee on Homeland Security is holding a hearing entitled “The Extent of Radicalization in the American Muslim Community and that Community's Response.”
ABC News reports:
Today’s House hearing on “The Extent of Radicalization in the American Muslim Community and That Community’s Response” has created a firestorm of criticism by civil rights groups and Democrats who say that Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., is intentionally isolating Muslims.
Democrats and rights groups say he’s guilty of “modern-day McCarthyism,” and is using religion to divide Americans.
You can watch the hearing now on C-SPAN.
Here's King responding to critics of the hearing on a CBS affiliate:
Witnesses of the hearing include:
- Hon. John D. Dingell, A Representative in Congress from the 15th District of Michigan
- Hon. Keith Ellison, A Representative in Congress from the 5th District of Minnesota
- Hon. Frank Wolf, A Representative in Congress from the 10th District of Virginia
- Dr. M. Zuhdi Jasser, President and Founder, American Islamic Forum for Democracy
- Mr. Abdirizak Bihi, Director, Somali Education and Social Advocacy Center
- Mr. Melvin Bledsoe, Private Citizen
- Sheriff Leroy Baca, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department