Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Fri July 11, 2014
Congressman Kildee says some Central American refugees will likely come to Michigan
In recent weeks we’ve been hearing about the surge of undocumented minors from Central America crossing into the U.S. Some call it a humanitarian crisis while others look at it as the result of a failed immigration policy.
Wolverine Human Services has applied to be a sub-contractor to house these children at their facility in Vassar.
Democratic Congressman Dan Kildee talk about where things stand right now.
"I think there is some degree of likelihood that Wolverine will be providing some shelter for these young unaccompanied minors that have made their way to our border," said Kildee.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government