Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Spoiled fans? John U. Bacon says MSU football can't blame students for leaving games early
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
Fri July 11, 2014
Congressman Kildee says some Central American refugees will likely come to Michigan
In recent weeks we’ve been hearing about the surge of undocumented minors from Central America crossing into the U.S. Some call it a humanitarian crisis while others look at it as the result of a failed immigration policy.
Wolverine Human Services has applied to be a sub-contractor to house these children at their facility in Vassar.
Democratic Congressman Dan Kildee talk about where things stand right now.
"I think there is some degree of likelihood that Wolverine will be providing some shelter for these young unaccompanied minors that have made their way to our border," said Kildee.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government