Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Wed May 25, 2011
Congressman Peters invites McCain to see auto recovery himself
Now that Chrysler paid off its debt six years ahead of schedule, Michigan congressman Gary Peters is inviting Senator John McCain to see the automotive industry recovery for himself. In 2009 McCain said he’d like to meet anyone who believed Chrysler would survive.
Peters says he wants McCain to see the progress Chrysler has made in two years.
“The fact that the tax payers are being paid back, I certainly hope Senator McCain has an open mind and be willing to realize that it was wrong to bet against the American worker. The American worker can be successful and the American auto industry will be successful.”
Chrysler sent 7.6 billion dollars in loans to the US and Canadian government yesterday.
Emily Fox- Michigan Radio Newsroom