Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Wed May 29, 2013
Construction on new Amway facility underway in West Michigan
With $1.6 million in incentives from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation, and an Ada Township tax abatement for 12 years, construction is officially underway for an Amway manufacturing and warehouse facility.
More from an Amway press release:
Amway today marked the official start of construction at an $81 million manufacturing and warehouse facility near the company's world headquarters in Ada, Michigan, U.S. The 317,000-square-foot facility at 5101 Spaulding Avenue will house select manufacturing operations for NUTRILITE™ vitamins, minerals and dietary supplements, sold exclusively by Amway distributors.
The company says 200 new jobs will be created over the next three years with the expansion. The plant is expected to be operational next year.
The company is also expanding facilities in other parts of the U.S., India, China, and Vietnam.