OpinionMore 'dark money' will influence politics in Michigan if Snyder doesn't veto
The Environment ReportGo lake trout! Native fish overcome seemingly ‘insurmountable’ challenges in Lake Huron
Politics & GovernmentIn his farewell speech Bing says, 'I will remain involved in Detroit's transformation'
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
Wed May 29, 2013
Construction on new Amway facility underway in West Michigan
With $1.6 million in incentives from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation, and an Ada Township tax abatement for 12 years, construction is officially underway for an Amway manufacturing and warehouse facility.
More from an Amway press release:
Amway today marked the official start of construction at an $81 million manufacturing and warehouse facility near the company's world headquarters in Ada, Michigan, U.S. The 317,000-square-foot facility at 5101 Spaulding Avenue will house select manufacturing operations for NUTRILITE™ vitamins, minerals and dietary supplements, sold exclusively by Amway distributors.
The company says 200 new jobs will be created over the next three years with the expansion. The plant is expected to be operational next year.
The company is also expanding facilities in other parts of the U.S., India, China, and Vietnam.